Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu says the Israeli regime should be brought before the International Criminal Court for the recent massacre of tens of Palestinians during anti-occupation protest rallies along the border between the Gaza Strip and occupied territories.
“Israel should be taken to the International Criminal Court [over the killing of Palestinians]. Since third parties cannot do it, Palestine needs to initiate this,” Cavusoglu said in an interview with state broadcaster TRT on Thursday.
The top Turkish diplomat added, “We are analyzing what kind of legal steps can be taken [against Israel]. Israel should account for its actions.”
He pointed out that the United Nations Human Rights Committee would hold a meeting in Geneva on Friday to decide on a probe into Israeli attacks on Palestinian civilians.
“This crime against humanity should be probed by an independent commission and Israel should account for its actions before the law,” Cavusoglu noted.
He said, “We cannot only be content with such decisions. Our next step will be to take this issue to the UN Security Council and the UN General Assembly. We should be able to issue a decision from there.”
The Turkish foreign minister went on to say that Ankara had already completed all of its preparations for the transfer of wounded Palestinians from the Gaza Strip to Turkey, but the Tel Aviv regime has refused to issue the necessary permits.’