China Rises to The Coronavirus Challenge
China Working Overtime To Produce Equipment for the World in the Global Fight against COVID-19
March 18 (EIRNS)—China has ramped up production of medical equipment to meet the growing needs of countries faced with fighting the coronavirus. Shenzhen Mindray Bio-Medical Electronics Co., Ltd. said the Italian government had procured nearly 10,000 devices for fighting the disease, most of which are for patient monitoring, from the Guangdong-based medical equipment giant, whose products were part of the Chinese medical aid that arrived in Italy on March 12. Shenzhen-listed Guangdong Biolight Meditech Co., Ltd. on March 17 disclosed that it had since March 2 received orders for nearly 2,000 pieces of medical equipment from eight countries including Italy, France and Germany. Zhejiang Dali Technology Co., Ltd, a manufacturer of infrared thermometers, said production is running at full tilt to meet growing orders at home and from Asia, Europe, and America. Oriental Energy Co., Ltd, a major alkane resources operator, said it had exported over 3,000 tons of Y381H, an essential fiber for making the melt-blown non-woven fabric used for making face masks and protective suits, to countries including India and Vietnam since February.
Mask-maker Great Star Industrial Co., Ltd, has received the EC declaration of conformity document approving the quality of its products for sale in the EU. At least 10 Chinese producers of detection kits for nucleic acid and antibody testing have also won approvals to enter the EU market. Meanwhile, 14 novel coronavirus testing kits developed by five Chinese universities, including Tsinghua University, have obtained the CE marking, which allows them to be marketed across the European Union, according to the Ministry of Education.
In addition, the following items have also been dispatched by China to virus-stricken nations:
- An aircraft carrying 500,000 medical masks from China arrived at Zaragoza airport in northern Spain on March 17, as confirmed COVID-19 cases in the country rose to 11,178.
- A team of 12 medical experts from east China’s Zhejiang Province was sent to Italy on March 17 to aid the anti-coronavirus fight on the Apennine Peninsula.
- Some 300,000 face masks donated by Chinese charities arrived in Belgium on March 16.
- China donated 2,000 fast test kits for COVID-19 to the Philippines on March 16.
- Beijing will donate protective supplies including medical isolation gowns and gloves to the cities of Seoul, Tehran, Tokyo and Yokohama to help with their novel coronavirus control. Some 200,000 medical isolation gowns, 100,000 pairs of gloves, 200,000 pairs of shoe covers, and 200,000 disposable medical caps will be delivered to these cities.
- South China’s Guangdong Province has donated more than 80,000 testing kits to countries including Iran, Japan, Iraq and Peru.
- Central China’s Hunan Province has donated supplies to aid the novel coronavirus fight in Laos and the Republic of Korea