Skip to content
Story at-a-glance −
- Diabetes mellitus in U.S. dogs and cats has been rising sharply in the last decade
- Caring for a dog or cat with diabetes can involve lifelong treatment and constant monitoring, and can cost as much as $10,000 over the lifetime of the pet
- Obesity, another epidemic among pets, is closely associated with type II diabetes
- The primary causes of Type II diabetes in dogs and cats are high carbohydrate diets, lack of exercise, and over-vaccination
- Most cases of diabetes in pets are entirely preventable
You may also like...