Art Contest For Veterans
American Art Resources (AAR) is seeking submissions from artists for artwork to be considered for inclusion in the art program for the Southeast Louisiana Veterans Health Care System’s (SLVHCS) new medical center.
For consideration and review, artists must complete the following steps.
1. Determine eligibility by reviewing “Artist Eligibility”.
2. Complete Artist Submission form.
3. Images must be printed on an 8.5 x 11 inch sheet of paper and attached to your Artist Submission form.
4. Images must be submitted electronically in .jpg format and each image file must be labeled as follows: Artist Last Name_ Medium_Substrate_Title. EXAMPLE: Doe_ Photography_Paper_Meadow.
5. Images must be on a labeled CD or flash drive.
6. Include artist biography and resume including military service and a DD 214 – Certificate of Release or Discharge from Active duty (please block out social security number information).
Art Program Description
The vision for Project Legacy includes art that is appropriate for a patient environment and provides solace, hope and a positive distraction for the Veterans and families that use this facility. This search will result in art created by veteran artists that will be dispersed throughout the facility in the appropriate locations.
• No depiction of alcohol, drugs, nudity, violence or defamatory content.
• Vibrant landscapes, not stark or desolate.
• Images that honor military service.
• Images must be generally uplifting and peaceful.
• People (figurative) can be a part of the composition, but preferably not the focal point.
• Images that are representative of regional culture and geography.
All inquiries must be in writing and sent via email to:
Eligible artist must be a Veteran of the U.S. military and be able to provide artwork following the theme, palette and general guidelines listed in this brochure. AAR is seeking two-dimensional works including oil, watercolor or acrylic paintings, original photography on paper and canvas, and various mixed media art, etc. Art should be no smaller than 24 x 16 inches and no larger than 40 x 30 inches and can be either horizontal or vertical orientation. Pieces must be unframed, unmatted and unstretched. AAR is not seeking three dimensional works of art at this time.
American Art Resources
Attn: Search for Veteran Artists
3260 Sul Ross Street
Houston, TX 77098
Or submit electronically to: